This month we will be launching our new Carbon Literacy Train-the-Trainer course. Developed by certified Carbon Literacy trainers, Rhodri Thomas and Bethan Harvey, this new course will enable organisations to develop the capacity to train their own staff inhouse.
The themes for this course are:
- Being the best trainer you can be
Core principles of adult education, learning how best to convey information to others, creating an atmosphere conducive to learning and sharing, lesson content and planning, and training techniques.
- Knowing your subject – being an Advocate for Carbon Literacy.
Developing your knowledge of the Carbon Literacy project; history, objectives, The Carbon Literacy Standard, assessment methods, and certification process.
- The Practical Element – presenting a micro-teach and peer assessing the work of others to improve your practical experience of Carbonn Literacy delivery
Who is this course for?
- Individuals who are Carbon Literacy certified and are in a position to train their colleagues or others in Carbon Literacy.
- For organisations that want to build capacity within teams to train peers.
- People can attend the course as part of an open group or larger organisations can book the course for private delivery for a groups of a minimum of 4 colleagues.
Course duration: three days over a week
The course lasts for three full days (each day covering one of the themes in detail) over a week and will typically be delivered face to face but can be taken online in accordance with COVID-19 safety precautions. It is a highly interactive course involving group activities and the practicing of teaching skills – this includes several opportunities to practice and a dedicated day for micro-teaching.
The tutors are Bethan Harvey and Rhodri Thomas. They both have a Professional Graduate Certificate in Adult Education and are certified Carbon Literate. Rhodri is a certified Carbon Literacy Project trainer.
The course fee is £750 plus VAT per person.
This is not a formal training / teaching qualification but it will help your team to prepare, develop and deliver their own Carbon Literacy course.