This month we will be launching our new Carbon Literacy Train-the-Trainer course. Developed by certified Carbon Literacy trainers, Rhodri Thomas and Bethan Harvey, this new course will enable organisations to develop the capacity to train their own staff inhouse.
The goals for this course are:
- Being the best trainer you can be
Core principles of adult education, learning how best to convey information to others, using people’s prior knowledge, creating an atmosphere conducive to learning and sharing, lesson content and planning, and training techniques.
- Knowing your subject – being an Advocate for Carbon Literacy.
Developing your knowledge of the Carbon Literacy project; history, objectives, The Carbon Literacy Standard, assessment methods, and certification process.
Who is this course for?
- Individuals who are Carbon Literacy certified and are in a position to train their colleagues in Carbon Literacy.
- For organisations that want to build capacity within your own team to train your peers.
- People can attend the course as part of an open group or larger organisations can book the course for private delivery for a group of minimum of 4 colleagues.
Course duration: three days
The course lasts for three consecutive days and will typically be delivered online or face to face as Covid-19 restrictions allow. It is a highly interactive course involving group activities and the practicing of teaching skills – this includes delivering a mini lesson.
The tutors are Bethan Harvey and Rhodri Thomas. They both have a Professional Graduate Certificate in Adult Education and are certified Carbon Literate. Rhodri is a certified Carbon Literacy Project trainer.
The course fee is £750 plus VAT per person.
This is not a formal training / teaching qualification but it will help your team to prepare and develop their own Carbon Literacy course.